We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Importantly, (i) where we use the term “client” we are referring to the entity in contract with us to use the Bokhara Rugs UK Limited services; (ii) where we use the term “you” we are referring to visitors to our website https://rugshouse.co.uk/, visitors to our website (who start an order but do not complete the checkout process) or clients using the Bokhara Rugs UK Limited services; (iii) where we use the term “end-user” we are referring to a person contacted through your use of the
Bokhara Rugs UK Limited services, someone that you may contact in the future using the Bokhara Rugs UK Limited services, or any individual whose information you provide to us in your use of the Bokhara Rugs UK Limited service.
- Who we are
- The personal information we collect and use
- How we use your personal information
- Transfer of your information out of the EEA
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- Changes to this privacy notice
- How to contact us
WHO WE ARE
Rugs House, or Bokhara Rugs UK Limited collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
In connection with personal data provided through your use of the Bokhara Rugs UK Limited platform and other services that we provide, we are a ‘processor’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Information you provide voluntarily
Information we automatically collect
Information through the Bokhara Rugs UK Limited platform
We also obtain personal information from your use of the Rugs House marketplace. When you upload end-user data in the Rugs House platform, we may have access to the data and content of your messages. We receive information about how you use the Bokhara Rugs UK Limited platform and store it in log files or other types of files associated to your account and link it to other information we hold about you. This information might include the date of any activity, your browser and IP address as well as actions you have taken within the Rugs House platform. This information helps us to improve Rugs House marketplace for you and for all users of the platform.
Information from elsewhere
Rugs House may obtain information about you or end-users from third parties, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include device information (e.g. IP address and browser), location, behavioural data and demographic information. We may use this information, alone or in combination with other information described above, to develop or provide more relevant Rugs House features or services (e.g. social media data of end-users allowing you to send more relevant content) or provide more relevant marketing and content to you.
Public information & third-party sites
Rugs House includes social media features (either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website), which may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting. The feature may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Your interactions with these platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. Anything you submit to Rugs House via a social media platform is done so at your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use and disclose personal information to:
- Supply, improve and support the services we provide (this includes using the data you provide to use the Rugs House marketplace to contact end-users, aggregating information from your use of the platform or our website and sharing this with third parties to improve the services that we provide);
- Confirm your identity in using the Rugs House marketplace;
- Send you information and promotional content (you can amend your marketing preferences in our preference centre or stop receiving messages by unsubscribing);
- Promote our services to you (e.g. when we collect your personal information on our website, we may contact you further to invite you to use our platform);
- Perform the obligations of our contract with you or applicable law (e.g. to enforce our terms, communicate with you and provide support);
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Fulfil requests that you may make;
- Bill you (e.g. to send you invoices, process payment, notices). Note that we use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- Send notifications about the platform;
- Bring or defend legal proceedings, meet legal requirements (e.g. complying with court orders, enforcement actions, or other legally valid mechanisms) or respond to lawful requests by public authorities or law enforcement requests; and
- Provide information to our professional advisors.
Further to the uses described above, we may transfer personal information of you or to companies that help us promote, provide, or support our platform or other services that we provide. We may partner with and use various third party software and services, including analytics services, to help understand your usage of our products and services.
We only provide a limited amount of your information (such as your name, email and delivery address) to select third party services who have entered into a contract with Rugs House. Other information such as email address will only be shared to collect data for analytics purposes when you visit our website or use our products and services. This allows Rugs House to monitor your use of our website, products and services and tracks our relationship so that we can improve our service to you. We may also use these third-party services for communications, either through email, or through messages within our products and services.
For details about how we engage third parties when we process your order please see our terms & conditions, the standard form of which can be found at terms and conditions of our contract here.
How long your personal information will be kept
In providing services to you, we will hold personal information for as long as we are providing you the services for or in order to comply with our legal obligations, enforce the terms of our contracts, resolve disputes or prevent abuse. Otherwise, we only hold personal information for as long as is necessary.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email email@example.com
- Let us have enough information to identify you,
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- Let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 24 hours for this to take place.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone at 0303 123 1113 or other channels as updated at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice was published on 23 May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email.
We use technology such as "cookies" to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website
- CATEGORY 1: STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
- CATEGORY 2: PERFORMANCE COOKIES These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. You may opt out of these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the performance of our Website.
- CATEGORY 3: FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. You may opt out of these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the functionality of our Website.
- CATEGORY 4: TARGETING COOKIES OR ADVERTISING COOKIES These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
- CATEGORY 5: SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
To opt out of:
- Google Analytics cookies across all websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on;
- other third party cookies relating to behavioural advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Please note that opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver adverts tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of adverts that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.